HIGHLIGHTS

Friday, November 26, 2010

Rainy Day



It’s been raining heavily for past few days and there is a beautiful freshness everywhere. Wet surrounding, droplets of water hanging from leaves, Soft sun light coming through clouds I can almost see the misty mountains from my cabin window.
I wanted to write about Rain. Then I say to myself …

Who would want to read about Rainy days? Misty, Gloomy,
Wet and Cold … …..
All those are considered Sad and negative.

Still I want to write.


I always felt rain was wonderful, so musical and refreshing.
Every rain drop that touches ground feeds new life to every living being.
And you feel earth laughing with joy.

I can never forget how I loved to walk in the rain, among the trees, on wet grass with my friends around. Rain drops soaking all our cloths.

Tiny water drops feeling against my cheeks, cold wet breeze brushing against the eyes. Then I would close my eyes and turn up to breath the fresh air.



Almost, feeling so lighten up like a flower floating in the wind. Felt like I could fly.

It reminds me the days I spent in my school.
It reminded me the first time I ever fell in love.
It reminds me the university life.

I am almost smiling now while writing this note. Unknowingly  
How far have I traveled, while sitting in my office room, waiting for the next meeting to start?  I have traveled far in to the past across the time, in my imaginations.  To that past, when life used to be so light, free and wonderful.






It’s amazing to think how limitless your imagination is.

6 comments:

GFD Ruisu said...

I love rainy days and I love the way you describe them, I remember the times when I used to walk under the rain too and felt so free!!

ashvin said...

i love the rains too, and I must say, ur post has inspired me a lot....

Anonymous said...

I love the rain and rainy days. Whenever it rains, I used to walk under the rain and I love the feeling of it. It is very pleasant to see your surrounding fresh and cool.And the way you describe of the rainy days really hit the point.

Kalani MK said...

Thank you all for your kind comments ,I am happy you liked it .

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this wonderful post. I too enjoy rainy days.

Rashid Padikkal/റാഷിദ് പടിക്കൽ said...

nice one.. www.viewmydream.blogspot.in